Pen & Nib Repair and Customization Order Form
For the immediate future, we are unable to accept work on pens that were not purchased from us.
Keep checking back as we hope to do this work again soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does a repair / customization cost?
All repairs and customizations are subject to a $30.00 assessment and evaluation fee, unless the pen was purchased from us within the past six months.
For itemized costs, please see our Services Price List.
2. How long does it take?
We evaluate all repair and customization requests in the order we receive them.
Rush service usually completes the work within 3 weeks. Non-rush turnaround time is roughly 6 months.
3. How much does rush service cost?
For pens purchased from us, rush service is provided free as a courtesy to our customers.
For pens NOT purchased from us, rush service doubles the cost of all charges except shipping.
4. Is there anything else I need to know?
• Your pen may not need a repair to write nicely again. If your pen has been skipping or drying, please vist our pen maintenance page to see what you may be able to do at home.
• When sending in your pen for repair or customization work, please do NOT include the original packaging and presentation boxes, as we cannot guarantee their safe return.
• Please note that we can only do repairs on solid gold nibs, not steel or gold-plated. We can customize steel nibs only if they are already in good working condition with no damage. If you are unsure about what kind of nib you have, or whether your nib can be customized, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lastly, please clean and dry each pen. Rinse out converters, caps, and nibs with cool water to remove ink. Shipping your pen to us with ink in it will result in cleaning fees.
5. How do I get started?
For pens that were purchased from us:
Step 1: Submit a repair / customization order form below. Note: You will need to be logged in to your Nibs.com account to access the form. If you don't have an account with us, please click here to create one.
Step 2: Wait for a submission number. Due to the high volume of service requests, this may take up to 2 business days to receive.
Step 3: Send in your pen/nib with your submission number included.
Step 4: Wait for an order number. We evaluate repairs, returns, and exchanges in the order we receive them. Due to the high volume of service requests, this may take up to 2 business days to receive from the time your package has been delivered.
Step 5: You will receive a service invoice for approval. This may take up to 5 business days from the time that you receive your order number. Once you have approved the invoice, your pen will be repaired and shipped out within 2 weeks.
Step 6: You will receive a payment link once your pen is ready to be shipped out.
If you are sending more than 4 pens for repair you will need to fill out multiple forms. (8 pens gets 2 forms, and so forth.) Packages received without proper notice and documentation may be returned to you without work being completed.